Spicy Lamb Chops
Ingredients: Serves 4
12 lamb cutlets
50g fresh coriander leaves
10g Garam masala powder
50g Garlic paste
50g Ginger paste
5g Freshly ground pepper
3 Freshly ground cloves
15g Freshly grounded cumin seeds
30g Jaggery (an unrefined sugar made from palm sap, use dark brown sugar as an alternative.)
50ml fresh lime juice
15g Fresh red chillies
50ml sunflower oil
1. Prepare the lamb by removing any extra fat and flatten the cutlet with the back of a knife so that they are all the same thickness.
2. Combine the jaggery with lime juice until you have a smooth paste.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture and blend until you have an even consistency.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over both sides of the lamb cutlets.
5. Leave the lamb to rest in the fridge for at least two hours to let the flavours infuse.
6. When you are ready to eat, heat a griddle pan or use a preheated barbeque to grill the cutlets. Cook for three minutes on each side basting with the paste twice on both sides.
7. Serve hot straight from the grill with a refreshing coriander salad or fluffy basmati rice.