Louisiana Hot Sausage Po’ Boy
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
30cm Sub roll or baguette
For the maple glaze:
½l. Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Jalapeno, deseeded, chopped
7oz Spicy pork sausage
Dijon Mustard – to spread at your discretion
Mayonnaise – to spread at you discretion
Tobasco or hot sauce – at you discretion (optional)
Lettuce – shredded
Red onion – thinly sliced
Tomato – thinly sliced
1. Combine all the ingredients for the maple glaze thourghly.
2. First on the char grill mark your sausage, remove it from the grill and using a basting brush base the sausage with the spicy Maple glaze. Finish the sausage in the oven about 8 top 10 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette open, ¾, warm the bread opened faced under the grill, let it slightly brown.
4. Spread the bottom half with Dijon mustard and the the top with mayonnaise, and start assembling the sandwich.
5. When the sausage has finished cooking, brush with the glaze once more, remove from the pan, and thickly slice on the diagonal.
6. Add a layer of the sausage to the sandwich, followed by the lettuce, onion and tomato. Add the Tobasco or Hot Sauce if using.
7. Finish assembling the sandwich using wooden skewers to hold it in place, serve with fries and coleslaw if you wish to do so.