Blackened Cajun Shrimp
6 Jumbo king prawns, heads removed, shells peeled, except the last segment (ensuring the tail stays on as ‘natural handles), and deveined
2 Tbsp groundnut oil
2Tsp Cajun Seasoning
1 Large clove of garlic finely chopped
Salt & pepper to season
1 Tbsp finely chopped Coriander
1 Knob of butter
½ Juice of lemon
Extra lemon wedges to garnish
1) Toss the shrimp in a bowl, adding 1 tbsp oil, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Ensure the shrimp are evenly coated.
2) Heat the rest of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
3) Place the shrimp in the pan, turn heat down to medium and add the garlic.
4) Cook on both sides for approximately 4 – 5 minutes each. Lightly blacken the shrimp but pay attention not to burn them, as they cook quickly; when the shrimp curl, they are done.
5) To finish sauté the prawns very briefly with the juice of ½ a lemon followed by a knob of butter and sprinkle with coriander
6) Serve with lots of crusty bread and ice-cold beer or chilled white wine.