Breaded North Sea Pollock fingers, tartare sauce in white bloomer
Ingredients: (serves 1)
140g Pollock, skinned, pinned, boned
50g Panko breadcrumbs
1 Free range egg beaten
4 Tbsp plain flour seasoned with salt & pepper for dusting
2 Slices of thick sliced white bloomer bread
2 fl oz tartare sauce
½ zest of lemon grated
2 leaves iceberg lettuce
Salt & pepper to season
1. Pat the Pollock dry of any excess moisture with paper towel, portion into 3 to 4 substantial fish fingers.
2. Combine the Panko crumbs, lemon zest and season lightly
3. Dust each fish finger in seasoned flour, dip in egg wash (beaten eggs), and cover with Panko breadcrumbs.
4. Deep fry the fishfingers at 180°c for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
5. Spread the butter & on one side of both slices of bread. Spread tartare sauce on one of the slices, top with lettuce and the fishfingers.
6. Place the remaining slice on top, cut the sandwich on the diagonal. Serve immediately, with ramekin of ketchup.